This was not an easy project. I see these hot air balloons all over pinterest and different blogs and for some reason no one seems to be mentioning how labor intensive they are. So either I did this in a really complicated way or my fellow art bloggers just aren’t fessing up. Regardless, I’m glad we did it. The kids loved the final result but it definitely was challenging getting those layers on the balloons. We were going to paint them but I couldn’t bring myself to ask the kids to do another layer of newspaper, so we cheated a little and used tissue paper for our last layer. We also had issues with the balloons deflating before the papermache dried. I will say, we figured out a pretty genius move by popping the balloon and then blowing another one inside the drying papermache. I was all busy congratulating myself on my great idea when the second time I did it the balloon busted right through the papermache and we had to do some major surgery. Oy. So much for genius. If anyone has any tips on this project, please let me know. I’m jealous of all those beautiful painted hot air balloons for kids I see all over the place!